Newsletters and Updates
To find out more about The FriendShip's offerings and updates, check out the monthly newsletter and other updates:
Activities and Programs
Below is a list of the activities and programs planned for members and volunteers of The FriendShip. Please call the office at 803-602-6434 if you have questions or need more information.
- Jan. 5 - Dutch Treat Lunch at Lizard's Thicket
- Jan. 17 - Quilt Exhibit Tour
- Jan. 20 - Outing to the Columbia Classical Ballet
- Jan. 25 - Afternoon Social Hour
- Feb. 5 - Dutch Treat Lunch at Red Lobster
- Feb. 8 - "Love The FriendShip" Meeting
- Feb. 22 - Afternoon Social Hour
- March 6 - Dutch Treat Lunch at USC's McCutcheon House
- March 20 - A Spring Tweet with Jim Kelly
- March 27 - Afternoon Social Hour
- April 4 - Dutch Treat Lunch at Mr. Bunky's
- April 13 - Outing to Learn about SC's 118th Regiment in WWI
- April 23 - Afternoon Social Hour
- One of our members has invited FriendShip members and volunteers (and their guests) for a social get-together at her home.
- The event will begin at 2:00 p.m.
- Please RSVP to 803-602-6434 for location details.
- May 4 - Dutch Treat Lunch at Applebee's
- Meet at 11:15 a.m. at St. John's to carpool.
- Lunch at 11:30 a.m.
- RSVP by noon on May 2.
- May 8 - The FriendShip's Annual Meeting
- All members, volunteers are encouraged to attend! Guests who would like to learn more about The FriendShip are welcome too!
- Reception from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Meeting from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- The special guest speaker will be Dr. Margaret Matthews of the Senior Primary Care Practice.
- May 16 - Tour of USC's Special Collections Library
- The tour will include a look at the library's latest exhibit on American novelist John Dos Passos, a viewing of materials donated by one of our very own FriendShip members (including one collection on JFK and another of personal family papers), and more!
- Meet at 1:00 p.m. at St. John's to carpool.
- The tour will be from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- RSVP by noon on May 10.
* Please note that this webpage was last updated on April 13, 2018. Check back for updates!