How to Apply to Become a Preferred Provider
1. Complete an Application Form
- Download, print, fill out, and mail a PDF application form (click here).
2. Complete an Interview
- The Owner or Business Manager will be interviewed by a representative of The Friendship.
- Please be ready to provide copies of the following documents: insurance certificates; information about whether employees smoke, and whether smoke-free employees can be provided upon request; any discounts to members that will be offered.
3. Upon completion of the interview.
- A committee of The FriendShip will verify relevant licenses, certifications, insurance coverage, and references. The Board of Directors determines whether a business will be listed as a Preferred Provider.
4. Annual Review.
- Preferred Providers will be reviewed annually. They will be asked to provide feedback, as well.
Note: It is the policy of The FriendShip that members with tobacco allergies or breathing problems not be matched with service providers who use, or are routinely exposed to, tobacco products.
Preferred Providers are businesses for which licenses, insurance, and references have been screened for the convenience of the members of The FriendShip.
The FriendShip accepts referrals for potential Preferred Providers from its members, Board of Directors, and committee members.
Benefits of being a Preferred Provider
- Expanded customer base
- Free advertising -- there is no fee for being on the Preferred Provider list
- Use of The FriendShip logo in advertising or marketing for the duration of this relationship with The Friendship.
- Satisfaction in being able to help members of the community age successfully in their own homes.
How It Works
A member calls or emails The FriendShip to obtain contact information for up to three business referrals to choose from.
The Service Provider provides the member a written estimate for the cost of service. The fee and scope of the work is negotiated and paid directly by the member.
When the service is complete, the member will be contacted by The FriendShip to obtain feedback about satisfaction with service. This feedback will be taken into consideration in future referrals.
- The member may request to have a volunteer present when meeting with a service provider.
- The FriendShip office can assist in scheduling initial appointments.
- The FriendShip is not responsible for any expenses related to the service provided.
- The FriendShip does not guarantee any work.